In the Gig Economy, aside from earning money from projects, a gig worker should also focus on how they build a good reputation. Yes, managing a reputation is not just for celebrities, politicians, and other public figures it also applies to regular individuals. When you do your job according to what was agreed, and you meet all expectations, you do not just earn money. You also earn the trust of your clients, and that could make them your potential clients in the future thus gaining Reputational and Financial Credit.
Question! How to build Reputation and Financial Credit? Is it hard?
Before we delve into managing your reputation, let us first begin with how to increase your financial credit. People work to earn money and make ends meet. Finding the right tool to help you build your financial credit is necessary. Credit Karma is an application that can help freelancers boost their financial credit. It is a free tool where you can access your credit score and reports from TransUnion and Equifax,with weekly updates,they analyze your credit profile and make product recommendations that could help you save money.
TIPS TO INCREASE FINANCIAL CREDIT:
- SEPARATE PERSONAL FINANCES FROM BUSINESS FINANCES
- TRACK WHERE YOUR MONEY IS GOING
- MAKE LONG-TERM FINANCIAL GOALS
- PREPARE BUDGETS FOR TAXES
- INTRODUCE HIGHER RATES TO CLIENTS
- PAY DEBTS & BILLS ON TIME
- HAVE YOUR INVOICES AND PAYMENT SYSTEMS IN ORDER
Now as you know some of the tips to increasing your financial credit score, let us now move on to building and maintaining good reputational credit. Having an excellent reputation in your Gig career is helpful as potential clients are more willing to hire your service because the feedback from your previous customers says what kind of employee you are.
TIPS TO BUILD AND MAINTAIN EXCELLENT REPUTATIONAL CREDIT:
- GROW YOUR CONNECTIONS AND BUILD YOUR BRAND
- NURTURE EXISTING RELATIONSHIPS WITH CLIENTS
- SOLIDIFY YOUR PROFILE
- GO ABOVE AND BEYOND YOUR CLIENT’S EXPECTATIONS
- EXPAND YOUR KNOWLEDGE BY ATTENDING WORKSHOPS OR COMPLETING CERTIFICATED TRAINING PROGRAMS