Nowadays, everyone wants an online job. Not only do you want to avoid the COVID-19 virus, but you also want to advance your professional skills and career while spending more time with your family or even on your passion projects. But before you get to that point in being a remote worker, the dreadful interview follows after you’ve contacted prospective clients. This process commonly causes anxiety and fear for some individuals, especially those with no previous experience. Do not let that keep you from growing. In this article, you will get a few insights on what questions are likely to be asked.
Before we proceed, a remote job is not the same as an office job: The conference room is being replaced with a video hangout, the closed door is being replaced with a “away” message, the quick conversation is being replaced with a digital chat, and your fluorescent lights are being replaced with…well, any sort of light you prefer.
Ready to ace your first remote work interview? Here are some interview questions you should expect so you can better prepare your answers.
1. Why do you want to work from home?
2. Have you worked remotely in the past?
3. How do you manage your time and stay organised?
4. How do you use different communication tools in different situations?
5. What do you need in your physical workspace to be successful in your job?
6. How do you rate your tech skills?
7. What nationalities have you worked with?
8. How do you handle stress?
9. How would you describe yourself as a workmate?
10. Give examples of times that you have had to work alone.
Employers are going to be evaluating you based on your behaviour, communication skills and organisational skills.
Furthermore, every ideal job comes with a stressful but doable job interview plus, remote work interviews have their own myriad of challenges. With the provided guide questions, we hope that this article would help you get started on your remote work journey!