Every day is a school day and you learn something new all the time. When you are learning new skills, you are improving your resume, and impressing your contacts. Learning means that you can grow professionally and attract more business, and more people into your network.
No matter your field or the number of similar businesses, freelancing requires constant adaptation to stay relevant, marketable, and successful. Gaining skills will give you significant expertise to highlight on your portfolio that will demonstrate your potential to rapidly adjust to market changes.
With more people choosing to work in the Gig Economy, there will be a larger pool of people who possess the cutting-edge skills sought by businesses. However, what if you are just starting out or on a tight budget? Luckily, there’s still no excuse not to learn. In this article, we’ll provide a few free learning opportunities on the internet that you can leverage your time and effort.
- Google Skillshop – Learn how to use the Google tools at home with training courses created by Google product specialists to acquire skills you could use immediately. Get certified in Google products while learning at your own speed.
- Hubspot Academy – HubSpot Academy provides free online training for inbound marketing, sales, and customer care experts. For individuals wishing to advance their careers and businesses, the service focuses on comprehensive certifications, specialised courses, and bite-sized lessons.
- Stanford University Online – Stanford Online, the university’s online learning platform, gives you access to a world of learning. Stanford faculty from throughout the institution contribute to its extensive library of credit-bearing, professional, and free and open material, giving you a wide range of options for learning and professional development.
- Alison – With the help of the free Alison courses, you can advance from a beginner to a pro in the field where you hope to earn a well-paying job. The platform gives free access to high-quality education from top teachers who developed and selected the free Alison online courses.
- LinkedIn Learning – To help people get ready for professional certification tests and earn continuing education credits, LinkedIn Learning offers on-demand courses. The courses have videos and tests and take a few hours to finish. After completing the lessons, LinkedIn gives you a certification you can add to your profile and Resume.