One of the reasons that people move away from the standard Nine To Five is the working schedule, however, it is important to have one as a freelancer as well.
A work schedule lists the times throughout the week when an employee is scheduled to be on the clock. In a work schedule, the number of days in a week and the number of hours in a day are commonly noted.
Unsurprisingly, several forms of work schedules vary based on the business and staff’s position. As a leader or employee, you must determine the correct work schedules for you. The following are some of the most common forms of employee work schedules.
1. Full-Time Work – Typically, 37 to 40 hours per week are required for a full-time work schedule. Due to the long hours, most full-time positions are qualified for employee benefits.
2. Part-Time Shift – Compared to other work schedules, this has less working time. Benefits are rarely offered to people who work part-time. Part-time schedules may be inconsistent, varying week-to-week.
3. Rotating Shifts – Relying on the nature of the job rendered, rotating shifts may cover day, swing, and night shifts and cycle weekly or up to every three months. In businesses that operate around the clock, such as health care and hospitality, rotating shift patterns are effective and common.
4. Flextime – Flextime, also spelt flexitime, pertains to flexible work arrangements in which staff may choose when their workday starts and ends, as long as they complete their stipulated number of hours.
5. Fixed Work – A person works a specified and periodic number of weekly hours. This is often the simplest choice for businesses to handle in terms of scheduling, but it doesn’t give as much freedom as other choices.
These five schedules are the cornerstones around which other work schedules are formed, yet numerous additional types exist. Before taking any employment, be certain that you know the work schedule. This will help you avoid unpleasant shocks once you begin working.
In the freelance world, it is also common to not have a work schedule, as long as the tasks are done, the work is paid.